Tuesday, May 31, 2005

AppleInsider | Apple's June quarter strong as consumers switch to Mac for security

AppleInsider | Apple's June quarter strong as consumers switch to Mac for security:
"People Switch To A Mac for security and stability"

The article is from Appleinsider.com and it's good news for those of us who want to see more people Switch To A Mac. Here's a quote from the article:

"an increasing number of studies are showing that most PC users switching to the Mac platform are doing so because they're fed up with the security and stability woes currently plaguing the Wintel platform."

The article also states that the investment firm PiperJaffray has conducted research indicating that the main reason why people are switching is "stability/security".

All in all, I'm happy to see that more people are beginning to see the benefits of Mac OS X from a security and stability perspective. If you're reading this article and have Switched To A Mac because of security, please post a comment and share your experience.

Thanks

Continue Reading

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I switched to a Mac in November 2004. After years on DOS, Windows 3.1/95/98/NT/2000/XP, we got our first virus in 2004. My wife and I looked at each other and said, "Enough already!" I mean, if I was NOT running a virus scanner with updated pattern files and NOT running anti-spyware and NOT running a firewall and NOT being careful on the Internet, then I would have had no one to blame. But, I work in IT folks. I know how to protect Windows. So, why did I still get infected? It didn't matter any more. I was TIRED of defending my computers and servers at work, I did NOT want to come home to the same mess. We purchased an iMac G5 20" which arrived after 3 weeks.

We absolutely love it. My wife took to it like a fish to water! She was so excited that she could use the machine without having to ask me how to do every little thing. It was and has been great. We have had ZERO problems with it.

In March of 2005 I purchased our second Mac. A 12" PowerBook. I use it for school and just about everything else! I got a .Mac account with the iMac and it has proven invaluable now that we have two Macs. It seemlessly keeps data updated between the two. Awesome. I had a laptop before (windows) and keeping the data updated between the dekstop and the laptop was a pain. Not so with the Mac. I just use my iDisk on my .Mac account and we're all set to go.

I got my wife and kids a .Mac account now too so they can have their information on both systems too.

We are a family of very happy switchers.

~Dan
All Things Mac

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Switch To A Mac © 2005 - 2006