Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Get Ready for the "Mobo Effect"

The iPod generated what is known as the "iPod Halo Effect", the idea that the popularity and strong sales of iPods to Windows PC owners translated into increased Mac sales. There has been anecdotal evidence to suggest that the "iPod Halo Effect" does indeed exist.

With the release of the Rokr iTunes enabled phone from Apple and Motorola, Apple is demonstrating that they want iTunes to be ubiquitous. I expect the Rokr E1 phone to expose more people to Apple products for the first time specifically, iTunes. This in turn should translate into people purchasing their first Mac. I say this will generate a "Mobile Halo Effect" or as I call it, the "Mobo Effect" (yes, I just coined the phrase) in the not too distant future.

Continue Reading

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The iTunes features of the new phone is so limited, I don't see it creating any kind of significant halo effect.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will not happen. The rokr is going to fail.

Its too bad because I've wanted something like this for ages.

:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Switch To A Mac © 2005 - 2006